A SCAMPI B Appraisal provides you with an understanding of your current state of process performance relative to the CMMI. It is often used as a benchmarking tool as you prepare for the more formal SCAMPI A. In that case, you can consider the SCAMPI B as a risk mitigation technique with a customizable set of outputs. In other cases, it is an excellent tool to evaluate performance when there is no need to achieve a formal maturity or capability level.
Some of the SCAMPI B activities include:
- Planning the appraisal
- Identifying all of the appraisal participants
- Performing a Readiness Review
- Conducting Appraisal Team Training
- Evaluating each of the Process Areas, Goals, and Practices using a combination of interviews, artifact reviews, and demonstrations
- Identifying organizational strengths and weaknesses within the context of the CMMI model
- Providing detailed findings to the sponsor
The SCAMPI B Appraisal is conducted under the direction of Broadsword’s Certified Lead Appraiser.
Cut through the clutter. Contact Broadsword.