The SCAMPI A Appraisal is used to determine your organization’s level of process performance using the Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI). The SCAMPI A is a required event for organizations wishing to be appraised at a CMMI Maturity or Capability Level.
SCAMPI Appraisals are not audits, but are a collaborative set of events that include participation by your organization, an executive sponsor, an appraisal team, a licensed CMMI Institute Partner, and our CMMI Institute Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser.
A SCAMPI A Appraisal is the only class of appraisal that leads to a Maturity or Capability Level rating, and it is the only method that verifies that your organization is performing at that level.
Planning for your SCAMPI A appraisal begins months prior to the “onsite” event and is intended to help you meet the performance goals of your organization. Our team and Certified Lead Appraiser will work closely with you, carefully planning and helping you assemble a program that will reduce risk and help you reach your goals.
Some of the activities that occur during the SCAMPI A appraisal include the following:
- Planning the Appraisal
- Selecting appraisal team members
- Performing a Readiness Review
- Conducting appraisal team training
- Evaluating each of the applicable CMMI Process Areas, Goals and Practices
- Identifying the organizational strengths and weaknesses relative to the CMMI model
- Presenting and documenting appraisal findings
- Filing results with the CMMI Institute
The SCAMPI A Appraisal is conducted under the direction of Broadsword’s Certified Lead Appraiser.
Cut through the clutter. Contact Broadsword.