Commissioned by Broadsword Solutions Corporation, the study seeks to understand the perception of the CMMI through direct conversations with CMMI users – adopters, stakeholders, sponsors, shareholders, and customers – and to report on the findings. Approximately fifty CMMI users shared their experiences with the CMMI and the benefits that their companies received as a result of implementing the Model and having an appraisal.
These are their stories.
What You’ll Find in the Book
- What do people really think about using the CMMI?
- What do people really want to know about the CMMI?
- What are the perceptions of CMMI adopters, stakeholders, sponsors, shareholders, and customers?
- What has been their experience?
"CMMI User Stories" aggregates input from CEOs, VPs, Directors, and Quality Assurance Managers from a wide variety of companies, large and small, who have adopted CMMI-DEV. The stories are taken from a diverse group of industries in North America, including aerospace, defense, finance, transportation, energy, and manufacturing.
Learn What Other Companies Say About Implementing CMMI!
You’ll learn how CMMI users are answering the following questions:
- Did you experience an increase in quality or performance?
- Did you experience a decrease in defects?
- Was adopting the CMMI worth the effort?
- Did you experience an ROI?
- Was your experience with the CMMI harder than you expected?
- Were you initially motivated to get a "certificate?"
- Were you satisfied with your experience working with your SCAMPI Lead Appraiser?
- Do you intend to renew?
Jeff Dalton — AUTHOR
Jeff Dalton is President of Broadsword Solutions Corporation, an organizational performance improvement company that uses Agile methods to implement CMMI-based solutions that improve software development and organizational processes. Jeff is a Certified Lead Appraiser and author of “AgileCMMI,” Broadsword’s leading methodology for incremental and iterative process improvement. He is a recipient of the prestigious Software Engineering Institute’s SEI member award for outstanding representative for his work uniting the Agile and CMMI Communities through his popular blog “Ask the CMMI Appraiser.” He holds degrees in Music and Computer Science and builds experimental airplanes in his spare time. You can reach Jeff at via email.
FREE Bonus Content!
Register now for CMMI webinars, white papers and eBooks.